The International School of Aberdeen provides a preschool programme for children from 3 to 5 years. Preschool times 8:15 to 2:00pm (Mon - Fri).
Fundamental tenets of the preschool programme are:
- Parents are recognised as the primary educators and caregivers for their child.
- We believe that parents should be kept informed about their child’s progress and development.
- We aim to provide a flexible service that meets the differing needs of the ISA community.
- Family participation in preschool is highly valued and encouraged. Parents will be given many opportunities during the school year to contribute to the programme. The preschool team at ISA strives to make every parent feel welcome.
- All members of the preschool teaching team are respected as individuals and as valuable team members.
- We provide a caring and supportive environment that reflects individual and cultural diversity for every member of the class.
- The programme is designed to cater for the individual needs and developmental levels of each child.
- We believe that children learn best in a flexible learning environment that encourages children to make choices and become involved in the planning and decision making for their learning journey and group experience.
- The preschool will provide a stimulating environment that encourages creativity, exploration and investigation across the curriculum.